Monday 11 September 2017

New School year, new adventures.

Hi, My name is Julia and I'm Nicole's chill Mom. 

I decided to help Nicole with this blog: A) because she is too young to have her own blog (we have had problems in the past online, more about that in another post), B) I found the idea of blogging intriguing myself, and C) I did a little research and did not see any blogs about children talking about there ADHD. Nicole has struggled with this for her whole life and we just got her diagnosis last year (grade 5) after her struggling along in school since primary. She struggled with acting out, her impulsiveness, her boredom...and the list goes on. She is intelligent and creative. She sings like an angel, but is as shy as a hummingbird. She has lost a lot of friends who do not understand her. Myself, I have been to her school so many times I have lost count. We have a strong connection, I understand and calmly (most days) help her along the way. We are hoping to reach out to children recently diagnosed with ADHD and help them understand that they are not alone. Some days Nicole thinks she is alone. So along with helping other children I am also hoping that she will learn she is not alone.

Nicole is starting this blog at the same time she is starting new medication. She has been given Biphentin, which is a form of ritalin. We are going to tell everyone why we stopped with the Adderall XR and how the new medication is working, (FYI, I came home to her sitting on the couch reading yesterday....that does not happen...EVER)

I have been doing some research as to how to start a blog and what to do right and what to do wrong. I think that we are going to just try our own thing and go from there. We are not a typical family, I will tell you that much. My husband has ADHD and OCD. he is a biker and a trucker (just passed his class one yesterday). And we are so far from following the crowd that we may as well live on an island. I like it that way. So my pictures are NOT going to be the same as all the other styled Photo flat lays that are in just about every Blog you see out there. I'm going to tell stories that are truthful and funny, Hard not to be funny when they are about my family. Comedy is our way of getting through the tough times. We have had our rough days, weeks, months, even years. But we are still a strong, happy, young family just trying to make it in this world that is built by and for neurotypical people.

Thanks for Reading
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have moved

We have changed our site and moved to wordpress.  Come check us out https://wordpress.com/view/hyperchildchillmom.wordpress.com