Wednesday 20 September 2017

Real Mom Rant #ADHD problems

I think I need to have a really good rant right now. 

I'm a little disgruntled over other parents that don't like my child because she is "too loud", or a "little hyper", or a little "over emotional". UGHHHHH

My Child has Attention deficit hyperactive disorder. She can not always control her emotions or her voice, and she sometimes forgets that people don't like it when you are really close to them. She has to be reminded to settle down and when someone tells her to stop, she doesn't always understand that means right now! She can't always control what spews out of her mouth, so sometimes yes she swears. Who the %&*# doesn't? 

Whats your child's excuse?

What gives these parents the right? Judgmental and ignorant. Don't know my child's creativity and compassion. So they don't let their children hang out with mine because she gets a little over whelming. I know she can be loud, I'm loud, your own child can be loud too, but do I say that so and so can't hang out with my child because they did something I didn't like? I don't know that child well enough to say, no. I get to know the child first before I make any decisions. And it has to be VERY bad behavior for me to say that no you can't hang out with so and so. I also give children second chances. Or they won't learn. And Nicole won't learn to be forgiving. 

I have to stay calm and chill when I see these parents at the school on a regular basis. Knowing what there "perfect angels" are doing behind their backs. Check your kids social media once and a while. Its like a whole different universe to these kids and they don't understand that what happens on social media can affect how people see them. 

Parents are too afraid of their children not liking them now a days, "facebook parents", can't get off their own social media long enough to spend time with their own children or see how they behave behind their backs. Also a lack of discipline from parents and authority figures in the school. Teachers are not even allowed to raise their voices too loud, or they are considered mean. Man it was a good day when the teacher only raised his or her voice. I mean I certainly don't want the paddle or dunce cap coming back but let the teachers have the ability to discipline a child. Send them to the office. Make children respect teachers and principals and counselors. Just their elders in general. You see it too often the complete disrespect this generation has toward their elders.

I'm getting off topic, I just get so mad when I hear from Nicole that another one of her friends can't hang out with her because that persons parents don't like her. Is that something you should really be saying to a child? Shouldn't the child be the one making these decisions? At least to a point? If you trust your child to walk home by themselves at 10 or 11 doesn't that mean they can make the decision as to who they can hang out with and decide for themselves if that person is a good fit for them? I mean if they are smoking or drinking or worse, then by all means cut them off, but because someone is a little loud? Or emotional. COME ON!!!!

But maybe I'm too old school for my own good. But it seems to have worked for my oldest daughter, so i'm not going to change my parenting. I let my children be who they are, I don't want to change them because they are a little loud. When you are loud, it means you will be heard. 

My oldest daughter has been the loudest one of her friends for as long as I can remember...She is also a glider pilot at 16 and second in command of her cadet squadron. She is applying to be valedictorian this year and has competed in speaking competitions. Loud is not a bad thing. People take notice when you are loud. And to me that is a good thing. 

When an ADHD child hears that they are being too something, they take that and make it 10 times worse than it is. So parents please stop being so judgmental. They are only children.  

Please tell me what frustrates you about other parents being judgmental or just plain ignorant when it comes to ADHD. 

Thanks for reading
Julia






No comments:

Post a Comment

We have moved

We have changed our site and moved to wordpress.  Come check us out https://wordpress.com/view/hyperchildchillmom.wordpress.com